Holiday Gift-Giving Guide
I thought Christmas was exciting as a kid; opening my presents, seeing cousins and family from out of town, plus all the treats and good food – it was a dream come true! How could I ever have imagined that the best thing about Christmas would be watching my own children enjoy those same beautiful things that I enjoyed at their age? Nothing is better than seeing their excitement on Christmas morning as they open up gifts from Mom, Dad, and Santa.
Something that’s always been important to me is getting gifts that aren’t just fun, but educational, as well. I want my kids to be learning, even when they don’t realize they are.
Here are some ideas for your little ones this season:
- Activity Sets – search the term on Amazon or Overstock. These are great for working on cognitive and motor skills and can be anything from legos to architecture sets or home baking kits.
- Board Games – these are wonderful for getting the whole family involved, and depending on what type of game you get, they can teach critical thinking and team-work.
- Science Kits – need I say more? Your kid is going to learn all about experimenting with all kinds of science, and have a blast doing it.
- If your kids are older try a telescope or astronomy kit, it’s something fun for you to do with them, and you’ll probably learn a thing or two, as well!
- Art Supplies – don’t forget how educational being creative can be! For younger kids, coloring and drawing are great for motor skills, and for older, encouraging creative thinking will benefit them in all areas of life.
- Outdoor Games – a hockey set, a new bike, or anything that encourages them to get out an exercise is terrific for their overall health and happiness. Kids need to be up and moving now more than ever – so why not encourage that with a fun holiday gift?
You know your kids better than anyone, so you know what’s going to pique their interest and keep them engaged. Plus, if it’s something the whole family can do together, that’s a beautiful bonus!
Happy Holidays to you and yours.